- About us
- About Our CSA
- Find Our Produce
- News from the Farm
- Cooking With RFF
Red Fire Farm, a leader in organic farming with more than 100 acres in cultivation in the Pioneer Valley, is seeking to hire three harvest crew leaders. If you are passionate about local farming, have at least a year of previous farming experience and want to help teach and inspire new farmers, please consider applying.
Our crew leaders work hard, but that work is fulfilling -- and all of it takes place in some of the most beautiful spots in the valley. Leaders, with the support of 4 to 7 crew members, will primarily manage the daily harvest for our 1500+ member CSA and large wholesale accounts. Crew leaders may also be involved in harvest for our farmers markets and farm stands, and in leading crews for field production tasks like tomato staking, weeding and more.
Red Fire is dedicated to growing and harvesting high quality, certified organic produce. Our crew leaders will learn about those standards and be responsible for maintaining them with their team. You will bring in the harvest of thousands of pounds of local food!
More about what we’re looking for:
• Ideally two years of farming experience
• Excellent communication skills
• English and Spanish speaking skills required.
• A positive attitude and sense of humor
• An excellent driving record
• Willingness to hustle and promote hustle with crew members
• Previous leadership or management experience (a plus)
Other perks of the job include:
• Year-round access to delicious, organic produce
• Fresh air and exercise
• An open, friendly environment where your feedback is welcomed
• Opportunities to advance and build on your skills
Pay based on experience, potential for year round work in farming. Please send applications, received on a rolling basis. Open until filled. Positions start in spring.