• Apply for a job at
Red Fire Farm
Office & Marketing Assistant
Red Fire Farm, a leader in organic farming with more than 100 acres in cultivation in the Pioneer Valley, is seeking to hire a dynamic individual to help market our food and assist with office projects.
This position is responsible for marketing, outreach, and public communications from Red Fire Farm to our customers. Primary responsibilities include creating marketing materials (emails and posts and more), printing labels for wholesale and retail, providing excellent customer service, representing Red Fire Farm at local events, assisting with farmers’ market and CSA management, and providing general office assistance. In addition, the Office & Marketing Assistant will be asked to perform general tasks in the office and provide support for other staff members. Over the year, the areas of work at the farm vary considerably, and the focus of your work will change over the seasons. This position is approximately 20-25 hours per week, with seasonal variation. More like 30-35 hours in May and June, less in winter.
- Assist creating seasonal marketing and communication plans for online and print materials, and design corresponding posters, social media campaigns, etc.
- Create and implement advertising for Facebook, radio, newspapers, online, etc., including press releases
- Maintain frequent social media posting schedule with farm updates
- Update website frequently with blog posts, recipes, farm news, and other relevant information
- Co-write several email newsletters each month, for CSA members and general public
- Take photos of farm operations, events, markets, etc. and organize them on internal server
- Develop communications and training for farm crew regarding sales, coupons, marketing goals, seasonal changes, product specials, etc.
- Coordinate donations to local organizations as requested
- Help with event planning, preparations, advertising, and day-of coordination
- Represent the farm at events or markets throughout the year, as needed
- Track sales against goals and make promotions to match
- Identify and investigate new sales venues or methods
General Office Responsibilities
- Print wholesale and retail labels for weekly orders
- Answer phones and facilitate office communication
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain comprehensive knowledge of farm operations and services (CSA, retail, markets, etc.)
- Clean farm office on weekly basis
- Assist with office tasks and seasonal help for other positions as needed
Job Requirements and Competencies
- Some knowledge of sustainable agriculture, locally grown crops, farm operations, and cooking techniques
- Ability to provide outgoing and professional customer service at all times
- Excellent communication, organizational, and multitasking skills
- Ability to organize tasks efficiently, maintain focus, and work according to a schedule
- Ability to work according to soft and hard deadlines
- Flexibility, patience, and willingness to learn
- Experience developing advertising and marketing content in a variety of mediums
- Familiarity managing social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Experience with content management systems, preferably Wordpress
- Experience with InDesign or comparable design programs (great if you have it)
- Willingness to improve farm operations by identifying problems and developing solutions
- Must be comfortable self-motivating as well as taking direction from senior staff members
- Willingness to assist co-workers with necessary or requested tasks (they will do the same for you!)
- Ability to work some weekends and flexible hours
Other perks of the job include:
• Year-round access to delicious, organic produce
• Beautiful farm setting
• An open, friendly environment where your feedback is welcomed
• Opportunities to advance and build on your skills
Compensation $11-11.50/hr based on experience. Year round. Based at our Montague farm office.
Please send cover letter, resume, and references ASAP. Examples of your previous work, photography and writing would be great to see. Position open until filled.
• back to open positions