- About us
- About Our CSA
- Find Our Produce
- News from the Farm
- Cooking With RFF
We are looking for individuals with proficiency operating a mix of farm machinery with precision and safety. Work with the management team to implement the farm’s production plans in the field, from field preparation and seeding to cultivation and irrigation. Aside from field tractor work, round out time helping with harvests, leading field crews, and assisting with the general process of the farm.
At Red Fire Farm you will operate 65-75 hp Massey and John Deer Tractors with Imants Spader, Flail mower, Chisel Plow, Perfecta, Bed Former, Mulch Layer, Rain Flow Transplanters and other vegetable farm implements for field preparation and crop care. Detailed operation of smaller Ford, ACG and Case tractors for cultivating also.
You are a key member of the production team, and will be doing all sorts of farm related tasks. You work closely with the Production Manager on irrigating, repair projects, greenhouse care, weeding, and more.
Background and Skills:
• Knowledge of vegetable growing systems and understanding of the field production process for organic crops will be helpful to understand detailed farm plans and practices.
• Field crew management experience.
• Experience working with a team and leading a group successfully
• Ability to jump in to help in other areas of an organic vegetable farm as needed.
• Mechanical experience a plus.
• English fluency required, Spanish speaking a plus.
Pay based on experience. Please detail previous machinery experience, including crops and methods, in your application. Rolling applications - position open until filled.